Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Homeless at Last!

We rely on the grace and generosity of family and friends in these in-between days ... these days before we depart for adventures in South America, but after we've left Holden Village. During our time in Canada, we spent days and nights with my Mom and her husband Dieter, and with my Dad and his wife Pamela. Both sets of parents were very inviting. We also saw my bellicose, though bountiful grandmother in Bellingham. And my brother Seth -- oh Seth! An up-and-coming comic in Vancouver. We had the privilege of seeing him perform. And of course there was my dear brother Ben and Sister-in-law Naomi, who are such wonderful, real people. I wish they were more often in our lives, and not only because of their delightful son, my nephew the STAR - Axel. Axel has recently been declared the most beautiful baby in the world by several impartial passers-by, and we agree.

Christmas: Ben holds Axel amid a pile of his Christmas debris as my grandma and I watch.




Now we are in the hospitable apartment of our friends Libby and Jordan in Seattle, ready to make the most of our preparations for travel. Earlier today, when we left Bellingham, my mother Britt took this picture of us, dealing with our "homelessness".





-MP

No comments: