Thursday, May 1, 2008

Holden Again

Well, I (MattP) am back at Holden, enjoying a great reunion with so many friends here. Getting off the van in the village yesterday was great. So many friends and dear people ... it was like a wall of familiar faces when I got out and greeted people.

So far I've been relaxing, playing bridge with friends and just generally easing into the slowness of this place, which was home for us for one and a half years.

People come and go from Holden with such regularity. A few of those familiar to us are now gone, and even more will leave in the coming months. Marv and Nancy (below) are in their last weeks. Another friend is getting ready to buy a motorcycle and tour around the country.

There's been a little bit of sadness being here too. I've been going nonstop for the last few months, as has Matt L, and little regrets creep in which can only be felt fully when there's time to stop. But overall it is great to be back here for a week.



Matt L joins me here on Tuesday, and then we have a few more days of visiting. The general plan is then that I start a contracting job for Holden over the summer, working on their digital audio project.

Matt L is in Indiana still, visiting family for a little longer. So if you are reading this, hi Matt!

MP

2 comments:

JWH said...

I hope that you both have a great time at Holden. I'm a little bit jealous! Hope the spring back in WA treats you well. Love,
Joy

Bethany said...

Oh, I read your post with a heavy heart. My week at the ashram gave me a lot of time to think, and so often my thoughts drifted to home...and then to Holden. (I can't meditate for very long.)

It was so interesting to see that photo. A Holden moment in time caught...so many familiar sights. It's hard to know you are there!

Much love from beautiful Cochin...and wishing you much peace in the perils unknown...right back at Holden...

Bethany